Delta's Summer 2024 European Expansion
Summer 2024 is set to witness Delta Air Lines' most extensive transatlantic flight schedule to date. Following the recent release of their new domestic schedule, which includes connections to numerous outdoor-oriented cities, Delta Air Lines has unveiled its updated transatlantic flight lineup for the summer of 2024, featuring routes not serviced in years.
Joe Esposito, Senior Vice President of Network Planning, stated, "There's never been a better time to explore Europe on Delta, and customers planning summer adventures abroad will discover a wealth of inspiring options, along with the premium services and amenities that Delta customers expect and enjoy."
Here's a summary of Delta's upcoming European routes for 2024:
Delta's Latest International Expansion Plans Summer 2024 will mark Delta's largest-ever transatlantic schedule, featuring the following new additions:
- Naples, Italy: Delta will introduce daily service from New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport, commencing on May 23, 2024, and continuing through October 25, 2024. This route complements Delta's existing services to Milan, Venice, and Rome from JFK.
- Shannon, Ireland: Daily service from New York's JFK International Airport will also begin on May 23, 2024, running through October 6, 2024. Delta already serves Dublin from Atlanta, Boston, and Minneapolis.
- Munich: Delta will offer three times a week service to Munich from New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport, starting on April 9, 2024, and concluding on October 24, 2024. Delta also operates flights to Munich from Atlanta and Detroit.
- Zurich: Returning to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, with four times weekly summer service commencing on May 31, 2024, and ending on September 8, 2024. This route is being revived after a hiatus since 2019 and joins the existing service from New York.
Delta has also announced additional flights on popular existing routes, including:
- Atlanta to Paris
- Atlanta to Venice
- Boston to Athens
- Cincinnati to Paris
- Detroit to Paris
- Detroit to Reykjavík
- New York JFK to Barcelona
As of now, detailed information on these flights is not available, and they are not yet open for booking.
Delta's Ongoing International Expansion Delta has been proactive in expanding its international route network this year. They have already unveiled plans for a new nonstop flight between Los Angeles and Auckland, New Zealand, enhanced services to cities across Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and South America, and increased connectivity to various European destinations such as Paris and Berlin.
A Delta representative stated, "We're excited about the opportunity to cater to our customers and build on this successful year for our international schedule in response to an unprecedented surge in global travel demand."
However, it's worth noting that alongside these expansion initiatives, Delta will be discontinuing some international flights, including those from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport to destinations in Germany and from New York's JFK International Airport to cities in Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, and Sweden. Additionally, Delta has temporarily suspended the planned resumption of flights from Detroit and Seattle to Beijing, despite China reopening to tourists.